~ What can be done on the cello with no prior talent and a lot of practice?
- On extensions, plant 2,3,4 together – this reinforces what gottagopractice told me in her video.
- Try to avoid the lone #4. There is no accuracy there.
- Timing and organization of the hand is more critical right now than worrying about perfectly arching the fingers to avoid the A string.
- Think about arm balance, especially during extensions. The extension on the C string is slightly different than for the G.
- Use the resistance of the string to create a counterweight to permit your bow hand to pivot. It may take some time to develop sensitivity to this.
- Towards the close of Kummer #7, keep that elbow afloat and managed by the back. This will help you avoid “crash landings” on the D string during the slurs.
- Remember that the half notes after the slurs is where the phrase ends.
- Work on your breathing. Knowing the phrasing will help group this appropriately