Had a lesson today focusing – here are the highlights
- Try playing scales given only the finger pattern. This contradicts earlier teaching about always looking the note I’m playing while doing a scale, but it’s worth a try.
- Keep a steady tempo and avoid bow hesitations. There are places where you can nudge the rhythm a bit but avoid awkward pauses.
- Focus on dynamics this week; no new material on Humoresque. Even if the bow stops, the music keeps moving. Try playing along with my breathing.
- Get to Third position accurately and keep a steady hand unit to do it.
- The final piece in the third position in Mooney – Etude – got the notes down but be careful of intonation in first three lines.
Right now in my life, I need to keep my projects moving at a steady pace. Being my own supervisor is hard since there is no clear right answer.