I am continuing to get better, based on third-party feedback, which is good. Here’s a quick update on the most recent lesson.
- Beethoven Minuet in G (#5, Suzuki Book 3) :
- Gentle but confident shifts. Specifically, don’t “slam” into the fourth position just because I have a physical cue.
- Make the measure 1,5,7, and 13 dotted patterns more even.
- Have more fun with the Trio section. Getting those upbow staccato sections will take some time. I can always add those to my scales, right?
- Schroeder #25: Think about the “wrench level” analogy for LH for playing in higher positions on the C and G strings.
- 3 Octave D minor: Yay! New scale. I ‘m pretty sure my A-minor is not a “pity pass”