Practiced 90 minutes tonight in two separate sessions. This was to celebrate a victory at work.
We’re at day 89 of 2009, of which I have practiced 88 days.
Here’s what I’m working on improving
- 4-2-0 pattern. Trying to keep my hand organized without being too rigid
- Improve my tone on stopped notes, particularly II(G) and III(C)
- I’m still managing so many learning paths, it doesn’t really feel like music yet.
Here’s what’s working better
- Crossing from A to G on the same bow
- Posture. I’m leaning forward more, and balancing myself better with the cello. We talked a bit about the cello and me being two beams of a roof of a house.
- Keeping the right bow direction in Happy Farmer
- Right hand holding the bow and adjusting my hand naturally as my hand gets near the tip.